Voxel Pattern Classification Toolbox
lassification toolbox (MVPC toolbox
) is a MATLAB toolbox to
facilitate multi-voxel pattenr classification analysis on fMRI data.
MVPC toolbox was originally developed by Satoshi Hirose and Isao Nambu.
What can we do with this
You can perform below analyses with this toolbox.
1) Preprocessings including
•Conversion from DICOM files to NIFTI files,
for fMRI data (slice timing correction,
co-registration, normalization etc.)
•GLM univariate analysis
2) Voxel and volume selection for decoding.
3) fMRI decoding by using various algorithms.
4) Leave-one-session-out and leave-two-session-out cross validation for
performance evaluation and adjustment of (a) hyper-parameter(s).
5) save results in graphs.
· Sparse Logistic Regression (SLR; Yamashita et al., 2008)
· iSLR (Hirose et al., submitted)
· L1-norm reguralized sparse logistic regresssion
· Elastic Net (Zou and Hastie, 2004)
· Support Vector Machine
· SVM with Recursive Feature Elimination (Rakotomamonjy, 2003)
We rely on the following toolboxes for algorithm
implementaion. Please download and install them at their webpage linked
Logistic Regression Toolbox
· GLMnet in
for L1-norm reguralized sparse logistic regresssion and
Preprocessing, univariate analysis,
ROI definition and extraction:
We rely on SPM5, and its
extensions, Volumes Toolbox and Anatomy Toolbox for the processes.
· Volumes Toolbox
· MVPC toolbox (version 1.0; 36KB) Download !!
· Tutorial (version 1; 662MB)
MVPC toolbox is free but copyrighted software, distributed under the
terms of the GNU General Public Licence. Further details on copyleft
can be found at http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/.
Feedback and bug report
Any feedback and bug reports are welcome. Please mail to satoshi.hirose
[at] nict.go.jp (please replace the [at] with the '@' symbol).
· Weight-based functional mapping
· Decoding from Beta-map (or other statistical values)
· GUI for setting parameters
· Preprocessing with recent version of SPM
· Readme for parallel processing
· Readme for clsfy
· Smaller version of Tutorial