The 80th KARC Colloquium

The 80th KARC Colloquium was ended. Thank you for the participation.

Date&Time Monday October 2nd, 2006 13:30-14:30
Place Conference Room, 3F, Research Building 2,Advanced ICT Research Center
Lecturer "Novel method and optics to pursue a single fluorescent particle with nm accuracy in three dimensions"
Speaker Dr. Tomonobu M. Watanabe
(Tohoku University, Biomedical and Engineering Research Organization, Research Associate)
Abstracts Single particle tracking techniques have been used as powerful tools for studying biological events in the past 10 years. We also have developed the tracking technique, which can pursue the position of the single fluorescent particle with nm accuracy. However, observations with high accuracy have been limited to a two-dimensional (2D) plane such as in the cell membrane. Our new optical method allows us to visualize three-dimensional biological processes with high temporal (2 ms) and spatial (2-6 nm) resolution.
At first, I talk about the algorism of single particle tracking in two dimensions. Next, I introduce the novel optics, which obtains two distinct focal planes. The three dimensional position of the fluorophore was calculated using these two images. Finally, I’d like to disabuse the experimental data and interpretation of the vesicle transport by dynein in a living cell.
Language Japanese
Admission Free
Organizer Shiori Toba,
Biological ICT Group, Advanced ICT Research Center,National Institute of Information and Communications Technology