The017th KARC Colloquium- Summer School

The017th KARC Colloquium was ended. Thank you for the participation.

Date&Time August 26-29, 13:30 - 15:00
Place Small conference room, the 1st research bldg. 2nd floor.
Lecturer "Quantum Computing -- an Introduction" 
Speaker Katsunobu Imai
(Graduate School of Engineering, Hiroshima University)
Abstract The four lectures will give a brief introduction to quantum computing. First I will talk about a history of quantum computing and basic ideas and elements of it, such as qubits, quantum gates, and quantum networks. Next, I will introduce several "famous" quantum algorithms and computing abilities of general purpose quantum computing models, like quantum Turing machines. I will also mention quantum error correcting codes and fault-tolerant quantum computing.
As my major field is theoretical computer science, my talks cover the "computer science" side of quantum computing. However, I will try to make plain explanations for audiences whose fields are not "computer science." The following topics are covered:
1. A history of quantum computing.
2. Quantum computing basics.
3. Quantum algorithms.
4. General purpose quantum computers.
5. Quantum error correcting codes and fault-tolerant quantum computing
Brief personal history

[Education]

1990 Awarded the degree of Bachelor of Engineering at Faculty of Engineering Science,OsakaUniversity.
1992 Awarded the degree of Master of Engineering at Department of Biophysical Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering Science,OsakaUniversity.
1999 Awarded the degree of Doctor of Engineering at Department of Biophysical Engineering, Graduate  School of Engineering Science,OsakaUniversity.

[Employment]

1993-present Research associate at the Faculty of Engineering, Hiroshima University.
Language Japanese
Admission Free
Organizer J. Lee / S. Adachi (CRL Kansai Advanced Research Center)