The042th KARC Colloquium

The042th KARC Colloquium was ended. Thank you for the participation.

Date&Time October 27th, 2004 ?Wednesday ? 14:00 -16:00
Place Seminar room, No. 4 Research bldg. 3F, KARC
Lecturer(1) “Study of interaction between quantized excitons and radiation field”
Speaker Syouji Atsushi Ph.D.
Advanced Laser Technology Group
Abstract Radiative correction is a well-known effect in atomic systems, In the case of bulk exciton or phonon systems, the radiative correction leads to the formation of exciton polariton or phonon polariton. I investigated the radiative correction of confined excitons. Consequently, I observed the radiative shift of the quantum states, furthermore, I found the ineterchange of them by radiative corrections.
Lecturer(2) “Surface plasmon spectroscopy applied to optically absorptive and fluorescent materials”
Speaker Kurihara Kazuyoshi Ph.D.
Advanced Laser Technology Group
Abstract urface plasmon spectroscopy (SPS) based on gold and silver thin metallic films is widely used for chemical and biochemical sensing because of its sensitivity to local changes in usual refractive index. Recent developments in SPS are directed to the combination with optically absorptive and fluorescent materials. In this lecture, we will talk about (1) optical absorption-based surface plasmon resonance (SPR) using ion-selective optrode membrane and (2) surface plasmon coupled emission (SPCE) microscopy applied to the intermittency of CdSe/ZnS core/shell nanoparticles.
Language Japanese
Admission Free
Organizer Masayoshi WATANABE Ph.D.
Advanced Laser Technology Group Leader Kansai Advanced Research Center,National Institute of Information and Communications Technology