News & Information
Wireless Networks Research Center is located in Yokosuka Research Park (YRP), which is surrounded by beautiful nature in the southeast of Miura Peninsula, in Yokosuka city of Kanagawa prefecture.
Wireless Systems Laboratory and Planning Office are based here.
Wireless Networks Research Center, NICT
3-4, Hikarino Oka, Yokosuka, Kanagawa, 239-0847 JAPAN
+81 46 847 5050 (Representative)
On your arrival to YRP Center No.1 Building, please drop by and register at our reception desk on the 2nd floor.
(Opening hours: 08:30 - 17:00 on weekday)
From major stations/airports
The nearest railway station is YRP Nobi station of Keikyu Line.
Please take a bus or a taxi from the station to YRP Center No.1 Building.
It is 5-10 minutes journey from the railway station to YRP.
From Haneda Airport: Approx. 80 minutes
From Narita Airport: Approx. 140 minutes
From Tokyo Station: Approx. 75 minutes
From Shin-Yokohama Station: Approx. 70 minutes
From Yokohama Station: Approx. 45 minutes
*If you come from the direction of Tokyo or Yokohama, it is convenient to take a Limited Express train of Keikyu Line.
Access from YRP Nobi Station
From YRP Nobi Station to YRP Center No.1 Building, please take a bus or a taxi.
Fixed-route buses by Keikyu Bus are running from YRP Nobi station to YRP during the day every 15-20 minutes (in case of weekday).
The nearest bus stop for YRP Center No.1 Building is Hikarinooka-Go-ban or Nifco.
Take one of the following buses bound for;
- YRP (Route 野4, 野5, 野6)
- Tsushinkenkyujo (Route 野4)
- Hikarinooka-Ni-ban (Route 野5, 野6)
- Fujitsu-Nifco (Route 野8 / Evening service only)
- Hikarinooka-Go-ban (Route 野9 / Evening service only)
- Fujitsu-Nifco (Route 野8 / Morning service only)
*As there are several routes running from the same platform, please make sure of the platform and the route number before boarding.
- Get off at "Hikarinooka-Go-ban" or "Nifco".
- It is a few minutes walk to YRP Center No.1 Building from the bus stop.
It is available to take a taxi from the station to YRP.
Taxi stand at the station is located ahead of the bus platform 1.
Travel distance is approximately 2.3 km.
The nearest interchange (IC) is Sahara IC of Yokohama-Yokosuka Expressway.
Travelling time from the IC to YRP is approximately 5 minutes.
*Public transportation is recommended as the available parking lots are limited.
Access by car from Sahara IC
- Turn right at the intersection in front of the tollgate of Sahara IC, then drive along the road* for approximately 2 km. *Kanagawa Prefectural Road No.27 (Yokosuka-Hayama Line)
- Turn right at the intersection named "Yokosuka Research Park Entrance," and enter the tunnel*. *Hikarinooka Tunnel
- Drive along the road, then turn right at the 2nd corner (T junction) after coming out of the tunnel.
- Drive another 50m, then you will find YRP Center No.1 Building on your left.
- Enter the parking lot located behind YRP Center No.1 Building.
- Park the car at the parking lot with a car stop indicating "通総研."
- Come to the NICT reception desk on the 2/F. of YRP Center No.1 Building and receive a parking permit.
- Display the permit near the front glass in the car.
*Please be informed that parking vehicles without permits may be reported.
- Make sure you have returned the permit to the reception desk before your departure.
- Please let us know beforehand if you are planning to visit by a large vehicle such as a chartered bus.
- Parking at the undesignated slot is strictly prohibited.
SHARE & BOOKMARK
If there is any inquiry, please contact us by one of the following means.
+81 46 847 5050
+81 46 847 5059
Copyright © 2019 Wireless Networks Research Center. All Rights Reserved.